Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I have to say that Wuthering Heights my be one of the best books I ever read.
I am a sucker for romance. But I always end up secretly hating the characters because they get each other and an happy ending, and I dont feel I can honestly relate to that.

There is something exceptionally pure about Cathy and healthcliff's love. Its so destructive, and for that reason, it seems more honest to me. Sometimes I feel Like I am Cathy, and Other times Healthcliff.

In this quote I am Healthcliff

"Her appearance is changed greatly, her character much more so; and the person who is compelled, of necessity, to be her companion, will only sustain his affection hereafter by the remembrance of what she once was, by common humanity, and a sense of duty!'"

To me this represents a love that is unfaltering, and even as a person changes in character, and changes there feelings about us, you continue you to love them because you can forget the memory of the person you fell in love with in the first place

No comments:

Post a Comment