Monday, April 12, 2010

If I were up to my optimal capacity, and my attention wasn't completely monopolized a single class that determines whether I live or die....I still dont believe that I would do this journal like I should.

"Journaling" has never been my Forte. If I were to write down all my thoughts, my carpel tunnel would be a thousand times worse than it is now. However in my Art Classes we are often encouraged to journal, and document in our sketchbooks, collect things like a pack rat or serial killer. Ive never enjoyed such activities. I do enjoy blogging, but as soon as it becomes a requirement all the joy is sucked out of the task.

I believe this about most things, expecially reading. Literature classes frustrate me, because its one of the few classes where you study a source of amusement, distraction, or entertainment in a scientific matter, which can not accurately be applied to a medium so subjective, and do not learn how to make the object of your studies. If I take a literature class, I want to learn how to write a romantic novel!
Those are skills I need for my career, the ability to write some dialogue that actually has complexity to it. Why is creative writing not a requirement, but a literature humanities is? Is writing analytic papers about an subjective object really more usefull than writing something that is almost completely of your own design? I say the require the same skills, except the former is much more narrow, and can provide less oppertunities in both the job market and heightening your own intellegence.

No comments:

Post a Comment